PCMH operates a residential continuum of care comprised of five community residences, seven permanet congregate housing sites, and a scattered site housing program. A major developer of housing for persons with mental illness, PCMH owns twelve apartment buildings in the city and is expanding its commitment to reduce homelessness among New York City's most vulnerable citizens.
- Client Spotlight Alejandrina Cruz, 66, is testament to the power of the Health Home program, a relatively new care model made of a network of providers, including medical, mental health,...Read More
- Residential Spotlight The Lyvere Street Residence, the latest addition to PCMH’s expanding residential portfolio, cuts a striking silhouette on the quiet street over which it presides...Read More
- Staff Spotlight With a whopping 35 years under his belt at PCMH, Executive Assistant John McMasters has been with the organization longer than any other staff member. And thanks...Read More
- Looking Back PCMH, a true pioneer in community based mental health services, has a long and storied history that spans well over six decades. Founded in 1945 by Dr. Lewis R. Wolberg, M.D.,the organization...Read More
- Health Home Because the Federal and New York State budgets can no longer keep up with Medicaid’s rising costs, a new care management service model is emerging: the Health Home...Read More
PCMH offers the full range of clinic services to both children and adults. Experienced social workers and psychologists serve as therapists and clinical supervisors, providing treatment in multiple models of care. Therapy is offered from a psychodynamic, family, cognitive, behavioral or medical model of care, based on the specific needs of the client.